Ingredients to bake our Brownies:
- 1 x Boutique Bake Brownie Mix
- 150g melted butter
- 3 eggs
For the Meringue Topping:
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Black food colouring
- Circle/round shaped nozzle and an icing bag
- 100g of white chocolate
Method for Brownies:
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 160 Fan.
- Mix our brownie mix with 3 eggs and 150g of melted butter (or if using alternative recipe mix all required ingredients) until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into a greased/lined square tin (10 x 7inch approx.).
- Bake for 20 - 25 mins depending on how gooey you like your brownies!
- Slice into 12 delicious squares
Method for Meringue Topping:
1. Place the egg whites into a clean bowl, and using an electric mixer, whisk until stiff peaks form, then whisk in your sugar, a little at a time.
2. Keep whisking until the mixture looks glossy and has thickened. It will look a bit like shaving foam.
3. Spoon the mixture into an icing bag with a circle/round shaped nozzle, if you don’t have an icing bag, use a freezer bag and snip off the end to pipe.
4. Pipe a dollop of meringue on top of each cupcake, pull the nozzle away sharply to create a
‘ghostly’ peak shape from your meringue.
5. Place meringue Brownies in the oven and turn down to 100°C. Leave to cook through but don’t allow to brown!
6. Leave in the oven for approx. 30 minutes. Remove and allow cool.
7. Once cooled, use your black food colouring do draw a ghostly face on your meringues!
8. Melt the white chocolate and use it as a glue to stick your ghostly meringues onto your brownies!